Vedic Astrology Remedies – Strengthening Sun
In continuation to the article Astrological remedies, in this article, we will cover the benefic and malefic nature of planets, symptoms of a weak planet, and remedies to strengthen a planet.
As we all know Ayurveda and astrology go hand in hand. In Ayurveda there are medicines for all planetary doshas as well. Astrologically trained Ayurvedic practitioners will be able to guide a patient much better, knowing the doshas in the chart and giving appropriate medicine to the patient. According to Vedic astrology, all nine planets are governed by different types of minerals and energies. There are specified herbs that act as remedies for malefic planets.
Planets their strengths, weakness, and remedies:
Sun if well placed in a chart gives great inner strength, confidence, cheerfulness, wisdom, charisma, generous nature, and leadership.
If the same Sun is malefic because of placement or aspect gives false ego, insecurity, low confidence, jealousy, arrogance and anger. There may be differences with father/fatherly figures in the family and higher-ups at the workplace. There may be hurdles in Government works.
Sun gives vitality or prana to the life force. Sun is very important for overall health in a living being. Any affliction to Sun in a chart gives ailments related to vision, blood circulation, heart, upper spine, high fevers, low energies, excess saliva, rheumatic fever, bone marrow problems, thinning of the hairline, and with certain planetary aspects diabetes.
Remedies for malefic Sun:
1. Recite Aditya Hrudayam daily or on Sunday. This stotra has to be recited during the period of Sunrise to Sunset.
2. The day for fasting or performing puja is Sunday.
3. God to propitiate is Lord Shiva.
4. Recite Sun beeja/moola mantram for 6000 times-
Om hraam hreem hraum sah suryaaya namaha
5. Do Surya namaskara daily (sun salutation).
6. Seek parents’ blessings.
7. Perform the puja at Sun temples. Few of them are Suriyanar
Temple in Tamilnadu, Suryanarayana Swami Temple at
Arasuvelli, Srikakulam District, Andhrapradesh.
8. Offer Arghya (Water) to the Sun during Sunrise, preferably on
9. Recite Gayatri Mantra on Sunday.
10. Donate Wheat, jaggery, saffron and cow ghee.
11. Gem is Ruby, Colour is Red and Rudraksha is Ekamukhi.
12. For health- adding more spicy and fiery herbs like cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, cardamom, saffron, camphor to daily food will help a lot. Before consuming these spices praying to lord Sun will help in better functioning of the heart.
*These remedies are quite helpful and will give good results. Some important things to be kept in mind while performing remedies are:
1. Consult an astrologer before you performing any remedy. Based on your chart and malefic intensity of the planet, an astrologer will suggest the period when the remedies need to be done, the type of remedy that need to be done.
2. Remedies have to be performed/recited by the person himself/herself. Only in some exceptional cases like children, aged or sick people others close to them like parents etc. can perform.
3. Homas and shanti pujas have to be done under the guidance of vedic pandit.
4. Partaking of Prasada of shanti pooja is a must.
5. In the case of mantra chanting one should get the texts in mother tongue for accuracy, if in doubt it is better to seek the help of a learned to avoid any mistakes.
6. One should do these remedies with full faith and dedication.
7. As these planets give results according to our karma, hence, it is best to follow dharmic life, and help those in need. As it is said, “Manava sevaye Madhava seva” that is helping those in need is equal to praying to God.
8. Lastly remedies do not change our fate but will reduce the impact of the situation and will improve the inner strength to face them better. Remedies also help one to improve the positive aura.
Watch this space for more about remedies for other planets….