Venus or Shukra (shukracharya) is the guru of danavas. Venus is the lord of Vrishabha and Tula Rasi and it is considered to be a planet of prosperity and happiness.
Venus if well placed in a chart :
- Makes one creative
- Gives luxuries
- Physical attractiveness
- Wealth and riches
- Wise in decision making
- Looked up in the society
- Gives higher knowledge
- Interest in scriptures
- Marital and conjugal happiness
Symptoms of weak Venus:
- Financial situation worsens
- Obstacles in the marriage
- Craving for sweets
- Glow of the face constantly decreases
- Kidney, bladder, skin, nose and eye-related ailments
- Less marital and conjugal happiness
- Excessive sleep
Remedies to strengthen Venus
- Recite Lakshmi stotram as well as Lalitha sahasranamam on Friday.
- The day for fasting or performing puja is Friday
- God to propitiate is Goddess Lakshmi
- Recite Venus beeja/moola mantram for 20000 times- "Draam Dreem Droum Saha: Shukraya namaha:"
- Performing pujas at Kanjanoor Agneeswarar Temple is the Shukra Navagrahasthalam, associated with Lord Shukra or Planet Venus.
Perform puja to Ashtalakshmi.
- Donate white items like rice, silver, ghee, curd, sugar, and perfume like sandalwood
- Gem is Diamond.
- Take blessings from your mother
- For health- As Venus is mainly a Kapha planet with a lesser degree of vata, the fruits and herbs favorable are apple, strawberry, balm of gilead, catnip, geranium, and hibiscus. Aromatherapy related herbs like rose, jasmine, cardamom, lavender, and lily as well as sage and vervain are good
** These remedies are quite helpful and will give good results. Some important things to be kept in mind while performing remedies are:
- Consult an astrologer before you perform any remedy. Based on your chart and the malefic intensity of the planet, an astrologer will suggest the period when the remedies need to be done, and the type of remedy that needs to be done.
- Remedies have to be performed/recited by the person himself/herself. Only in some exceptional cases like children, aged or sick people others close to them like parents, etc. can perform.
- Homas and shanti pujas have to be done under the guidance of vedic pandit.
- Partaking of Prasada of shanti pooja is a must.
- In case of mantra chanting one should get the texts in their mother tongue for accuracy, if in doubt it is better to seek the help of a learned to avoid any mistakes.
- One should do these remedies with full faith and dedication.
- As these planets give results according to our karma, hence, it is best to follow dharmic life, and help those in need. As it is said “Manava sevaye Madhava seva” that is helping those is need is equal to praying to God.
- Lastly, remedies do not change our fate but will reduce the impact of the situation and will improve the inner strength to face them better. Remedies also help one to improve the positive aura.